Brisbane City to Southbank Amazing Race
Our flagship course starts in the City Centre at Anzac Square, heads to King George Square for some checkpoint activities and continues a traditional scavenger hunt style activity across the bridge and along Southbank.
This is Southbank team building at its best – we use all of Southbank for our final activities, finishing for a refreshing drink at venues such as the Ship Inn (which is our “default” venue as it is the closest from the end point), Southbank Surf Club or the iconic Plough Inn
This course has an easy, flat walking distance of around 3.5kms.
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistics and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams (generally 6-8 people per team)
- The event starts with some enjoyable warm up exercises followed by a briefing (which we keep fairly tight, but does include a number of points about safety)
- Teams head off from the start point at the same time with a folder, map, clue to the first checkpoint, the rules and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you will be allocated a point scoring task. We provide with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the activities you will complete. (We ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit you best.)
- The event finishes with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge. … Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 300,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- We recommend all teams finish in a casual pub for a cool beverage while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation, which acknowledges all teams and then we announce the winners. They get a modest (though highly valued) small trophy as a reward for their great teamwork.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be shortened by around 20 minutes on this course. For some larger groups we need to allow a little extra time as the start and finish take a little longer.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event was one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends.
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 1800 047 220 or read more about the nitty gritty logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂
Please join us to experience the best of Brisbane on the City to Southbank course.
Hi Jane, Thanks so much for sending through the photos, I have had staff asking me all day when they could see them.
It was such a great event, the team had an awesome time and gave me super positive feedback. They can be a tough crowd at times, but there was not a single negative comment, they all loved it.
Thank you so much for all of your help, I know I was very disorganised the last day before the event and bombarded you with phone calls. Tia and her team were great on the day, very professional and helpful, they had their work cut out for them with such a big and very competitive group and they handled it brilliantly.
Thank you so much for everything! Kind Regards,
Lisa Hilton – Neto