Brisbane Botanic Gardens to City Amazing Race
For our Botanical Gardens to City course we meet you in the beautiful surrounds of the Botanic Gardens, with warm ups and the first checkpoint activity conducted under lovely shady trees.
The course includes an “on the move” challenge along historical George St and a checkpoint at the Treasury Casino. The next challenge passes through Queen Street Mall, with the final tasks right in King George Square. For the wrap up presentation you’ll have a choice of any great venue in the CBD, one good place could be the Grand Central Hotel. We have even finished events at the Bavarian Bier Cafe at Eagle St Wharf with this course.
Choose this course if you need to stay on the CBD side of the river, have a tight time frame (we can shorten this event) or have concerns about the fitness / physical ability of your team. This course has a short-ish walking distance and is quite flat and mostly cool, so it is easily manageable even if the team is not made up of especially active people.
When you enquire, we email you with all the logistics and help with suggestions of the best finish points.
How does the event run?
- Once we’ve met at the start point we sort you into your sub teams (generally 6-8 people per team)
- The event starts with some enjoyable warm up exercises followed by a briefing (which we keep fairly tight, but does include a number of points about safety)
- Teams head off from the start point at the same time with a folder, map, clue to the first checkpoint, the rules and contact information.
- At each checkpoint you will be allocated a point scoring task. We provide with clear instructions and time guides. Once complete you’re handed your next clue or activity and the race continues.
- The activities are creative and engaging, with just a hint of challenge.
- Have a look at this link to get a sense of the activities you will complete. (We ask you a bit about your team and choose activities to suit you best).
- The event finishes with the most popular activity, the “photo essay” challenge. … Virtually all the photos on this website were taken by the teams on this task. They look happy don’t they? They certainly were … and we have 300,000 more photos just like the ones you see here and in the gallery.
- We recommend all teams finish in a casual pub for a cool beverage while we tally the scores. We give a brief presentation, which acknowledges all teams and then we announce the winners. They get a modest (though highly valued) small trophy as a reward for their great teamwork.
Timing: The total time for an event is generally around 2.5 hours, which can be shortened by around 20 minutes on this course. For some larger groups we need to allow a little extra time as the start and finish take a little longer.
Physical Exertion: Can be adapted to suit your team, we don’t encourage running and ensure all participants are not overtaxing themselves. Anyone fit enough for a brisk walk can enjoy the event.
Our Promise: We make things easy for you as the organiser and guide you through each step. Once the group gets to the start you will be able to enjoy the event as one of the crowd, plus you’ll be sincerely thanked by everyone who attends
If you have more specific questions about the event, give us a call on 1800 047 220 or read more about the nitty gritty logistics here.
It is a simple event, though universally enjoyed, even by those with low expectations 🙂
Please join us on the fun and easy Botanic Gardens to City Central course.
Hi Jane, I just wanted to give some feedback on our event
It was really great, all participant’s had a great time, and it was a great intro to Brisbane both for our local team and our international visitors. It was a nice mix of fun, challenge and competition! Some of our team’s had way too much fun!!!
We all got to know each other better, so a good team bonding experience! The facilitators were really great and the whole event and the meet up and meal at the Ship Inn went off absolutely smoothly, so a great recommendation!
I cannot wait to see the photos!! Thanks, Hazel
Hazel Rudolph – Sanofi