About the Race
Brisbane Amazing Race is loosely based on the popular reality show – it’s a competitive scavenger hunt where participants stop regularly to complete fun tasks. (Both time and the scores on all the activities count in the score).
There are no mean challenges – just a bunch of fun, inclusive activities (which each have a hint of challenge). It will test your team’s approach to planning, creativity, ingenuity, trust and teamwork. Because no one player can be good at everything, teams must collaborate to deliver the tasks. There are lasting benefits with genuine rapport, but also heaps of fun in the moment. (I think the pics all over our website show this best).
Is This Activity Right for Your Team?
Amazing Race activities are the great “all rounder” of team events, and for good reason, but is it for you?
- You want to do something simple and fun, that is specifically designed for diverse groups to enjoy (all ages, genders, physical ability and seniority have enjoyed this)
- You’d like to get outdoors and do something totally different from your day to day activities
- Total group size is less than 80
- Team members would enjoy a broad variety of treasure hunt style tasks, each with just a hint of challenge, but no difficult or humiliating tasks
- Team members are up for a laugh and ready to engage and participate with things that are outside of their normal experience
- Team members are able to walk 2 – 3 kms (there is no running)
- We have 2 courses in and around the Botanic Gardens, City and Southbank – both are brilliant – click through the buttons for more information …..
Get a sense of the Amazing Race here…
- Suits groups from 10 to 80.
- The event is around 2.5 hours. We can add or subtract 20 minutes to fit your timing
- We have 2 Courses, one that meets in the City and ends in Southbank – the other meets in the Botanic Gardens and treks through the city, finishing in King George Square.
- We can run events 7 days a week.
- We can start anytime from 10am to 2.30pm in winter or 3.30pm in summer, to be finished before dark.
- You compete in sub teams of 6 – 8 people. We recommend that you group people ahead of time and mix people who don’t work together all the time. (They will be friends for life as a result).
- It is not overly physical and we discourage running, encouraging only a fast walk. The walking distance on the Southbank course is around 3kms, the city course is shorter at around 2kms. We stop frequently to complete activities in the shade.
- We can cater for people with disabilities, minor injuries or pregnancy with short cuts and rests.
- The best bit? Finding the ideal casual pub so you can compare experiences, the buzz is always brilliant. We know the good venues, so we can direct you. (We suggest venues when you enquire).
We’ve been running this event in Australia since 2007. It has been enjoyed by over 1,200 teams and 40,000 individuals.
Feedback is exceptional, clients regularly tell us that they talked about their Amazing Race for months. They happily recommend us to their colleagues – we know this team building activity hits just the right note for all types of teams. You can check out our testimonials, and if you are from a large organisation, chances are we’ve worked with you before and will provide internal references.
From $1,600 + gst for 15 racers.
We price in brackets. Enquire now and ask for a quote
Includes logistics, planning, equipment (including digital cameras and lanyards to identify teams), a small trophy for each member of the winning team and 2 – 4 friendly, professional facilitators. We upload your photos to Dropbox to share after the event.
Enquire Here or Call Us Now on 1800 047 220
Can I choose the start and finish point?
Whilst we only operate on the 2 existing courses, there is some latitude with respect to finish points. We will advise you to avoid adding more than 10 – 12 minutes extra walk on the beginning or end of the race because of fatigue, but taxis are a possibility. Please call us on 1800 047 220 to discuss your requirements, we will adapt if possible.
Can I customise the event to suit our team?
Every team is unique, so in most cases we already tweak our format to personalise your event. We need to stay within the basic structure but we can add specific messages, choose activities that work with a theme or emphasise your values. Some teams have specific activities in mind and have been known to create their own quiz style activity to include as a task between checkpoints.
If you have ideas please call to discuss. You may end up with the best of both worlds; our great value, proven courses and popular activities combined with your own themes and ideas. Call on 1800 047 220 to discuss your ideas.
Can I make the event work in a short time frame?
We can shave around 25 minutes off the Amazing Race to make it a 2 hour event on the Botanic Gardens to City Course.
What is the smallest and largest group you handle?
We have run the event with as few as 8 people in the past, but recommend 10 (in 2 groups of 5) as the minimum. Our small group bracket allows for up to 20 people, and we have had instances where teams joined forces with another department to make the event more competitive.
The upper limit for Brisbane Amazing Race is 80 people in 10 teams.
Birthday Parties & Hen’s Days
We do work with private individuals on the weekend for Birthday Parties and Hen’s Days. We have a number of policies, but the event itself is brilliant for groups of friends and family. We don’t work with Bucks, due to some poor behaviour that impacted our staff in past years (sorry to all the well behaved Bucks)
Is it Like the TV Show?
Our Amazing Race was inspired by the TV show, but the event isn’t very similar, because first and foremost we are all about bonding. Rather than pairs, we compete in groups and all team members are required for each task (we discovered early on that “standing aside” is not conducive to bonding).
Rather than difficult and intimidating, our challenges are fun and creative. What is most similar is the format, we do move around the checkpoints and determine where to go next with clues. At the checkpoints the whole team must complete the task (or tasks) before getting their next clue and moving on.
Both Brisbane Amazing Race courses are suitable for wheelchair users. We have successfully included vision impaired participants (with assistance), hearing impaired, moderate intellectually disabled, advanced pregnancy and people with back, knee and ankle injuries. We work with you to ensure all team members feel included. We handle those who need a little special attention sensitively and ensure their team is given every chance to perform well.
Are you Insured?
Yes, we have public liability cover of $10 million via Sports Cover.
What Happens if it Rains?
We have designed the courses so the checkpoints are generally under cover or very near to cover. In most cases with light rain / showers or extreme heat we go ahead with the Race as planned with some concessions for comfort. From time to time teams do complete the Race wearing rain ponchos or with small umbrellas and really enjoy it.
We routinely do a weather check 48 hours prior to the event and if the forecast is unfavourable we will consult. There are 2 options; a) go ahead in “stand by mode” or b) postpone to an alternative date without penalty (time limits for decision applies).